Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SCRIPT~

­


SOCK OF LOVE

By Jessie Kotis

FADE IN.

INT. BEDROOM – BESIDE TABLE.

An alarm clock goes off.

VICTORIA reaches for her alarm clock and hits the snooze button.

INT. BEDROOM – BED.

VICTORIA lies in her bed wearing her pajamas.

CUT to where she is now wearing her work clothes.

INT. OFFICE – COPIER.

VICTORIA stands at copier, making coffee.

INT. OFFICE – DESK.

VICTORIA drinks her cup of coffee.

She talks on the phone at her desk, files papers.

REPEAT sequence 3 times, each time the cuts become faster.

INT. BEDROOM – BEDSIDE TABLE.

VICTORIA reaches for alarm clock, struggles more with the button each time.

INT. BEDROOM – BED.

VICTORIA lies in bed wearing old pajamas.

CUT to where she now wearing work clothes.

VICTORIA sighs audibly.

INT. OFFICE – DESK.

VICTORIA works at desk, placing things in file folders.

JULIE, one of VICTORIA’s coworkers and friends, saunters by and strikes up some conversation. She tosses her files onto VICTORIA’s desk with a satisfying plop.

JULIE

Vicky. So I’ve heard Will in Accounting has a thing for you.

WILL is sitting at his desk, meets eyes with VICTORIA and gives her a wink.

VICTORIA looks away, embarrassed and unsure.

VICTORIA

I’m not so sure about that. I mean, he’s probably not that interested in someone… like me.

JULIE rolls her eyes, exasperated.

JULIE

You’re joking, right? Why wouldn’t he be all over you? I’m sure if you just do some innocent flirting or something, I don’t know, maybe something will come of it. He is pretty cute when you get past the whole “coworker” thing.

VICTORIA bites her lip and looks back down at her files.

JULIE pauses and inspects her fingernails.

JULIE

So hey, what are you doing tonight, anyway? Apparently HR wants all the departments to go out for drinks tonight after work. Some team-building shtick, or whatever. You should go. Might be fun or something.

VICTORIA tucks a piece of hair behind her right ear and doesn’t meet Julie’s eyes.

VICTORIA

Oh, well I actually have some plans tonight. Big plans. I, I can’t make it. Sorry, I guess.

INT. LIVING ROOM – COUCH.

VICTORIA sits in front of the television, eating ice cream straight out of the carton with a spoon. On the TV is some romance program.

TELEVISION (voiceover)

Can’t ever seem to find Mr. Right? Looking for love in all the wrong places.

VICTORIA

Tell me about it.

TELEVISION (voiceover)

The call 1-800 TRU-LOVE right away, and meet sexy singles fast!

VICTORIA

Even I know it doesn’t quite work that way. Not that I’d know how to find Mr. Right anyway…

She reaches over and turns off the TV and walks off screen.

EXT. PARK -NOON.

VICTORIA is walking through the park, wearing her work clothes and carrying her lunch. She stops at an unoccupied bench and settles down, pulling out a romance novel.

As she’s reading, she senses a presence has joined her at the bench. She tries to ignore it.

A voice clears its throat.

FELIPPE, THE SOCK PUPPET

Why hello there, beautiful. What are you reading today?

At first, she ignores the puppet’s advances.

FELIPPE, THE SOCK PUPPET

Excuse me, Miss. I mean no harm.

VICTORIA peers at him over the top of her book.

VICTORIA

Are you talking to… me?

FELIPPE, THE SOCK PUPPET

Who else, darling? I just couldn’t take my eyes off of you, I just knew I had to speak to you, or regret it later.

VICTORIA’s face is flushed, she’s biting her lip.

FELIPPE, THE SOCK PUPPET

I’m sorry, I should introduce myself. My name is Felippe. I’m a photographer by trade and I know a good shot when I see one. I hope you’ll pardon my manners, but I would love to take you out some time. Could I have your number?

VICTORIA finally perks up a bit and manages to look at Felippe for a second. She smiles.

INT. OFFICE – DESK.

VICTORIA is at her desk, working hard usual, but now with the occasional smile on her face.

INT. MOVIE THEATER.

VICTORIA and FELIPPE are watching some sort of scary movie, VICTORIA puts some popcorn in her mouth and leans in closer to FELIPPE at a particularly frightening scene.

INT. OFFICE – DESK.

VICTORIA is greeted to a bouquet of flowers on her desk when she arrives to work. She reads the little card attached and laughs a little. She then settles down at her desk.

JULIE walks by and drops a new set of files on her desk.

JULIE

So, who’s the secret admirer?

VICTORIA

Oh, no one you know.

JULIE’s eyebrows peak in interest.

JULIE

Is it that guy that’s been calling here? It is, isn’t it? What’s his name, what does he do? It’s that Felippe guy, isn’t it?

VICTORIA

(suspicious) How do you know about him?

JULIE

Well… I’ve been listening to all those voicemails he leaves—

VICTORIA

Julie!

JULIE

—And he sounds rather serious to me. Guess you’re not going out for drinks tonight?

VICTORIA

No, I’ve already got plans!

JULIE grins.

JULIE

Glad to hear it.

EXT. PARK – PICNIC.

VICTORIA and FELIPPE share space on a picnic blanket and there is much talking and laughing.

INT. OFFICE – DESK.

JULIE is at VICTORIA’s desk. Victoria is all smiles today.

JULIE

I can’t wait to meet this guy I’ve been hearing so much about. All my snooping really has gotten me curious. But now that he’s picking you up for a date I can finally catch a glimpse of this mystery man.

VICTORIA

I think I see him walking in!

JULIE turns to look: at first she smiles but then her look turn to extreme confusion.

FELIPPE

Hey, honey.

FELIPPE leans forward and gives VICTORIA a quick peck on the cheek. JULIE is obviously perplexed by his puppet form.

JULIE

Victoria, you must be joking. You are joking, aren’t you?

VICTORIA frowns.

VICTORIA

Why ever would I be joking? Julie, this is Felippe. Felippe, Julie.

FELIPPE

It’s a pleasure to finally meet the lovely Julie I’ve heard so much about.

JULIE just gives VICTORIA a blank look before walking off.

VICTORIA looks down at FELIPPE.

VICTORIA

I wonder what’s wrong with her.

INT. CAR.

VICTORIA and FELIPPER share some fast food in the car at dusk. She leans over the middle console and feeds him a French fry, which he devours. After he eats the fry she leans over more, meeting him halfway as they lock lips for the first time. She leans farther into his seat until they are almost out of view.

INT. OFFICE – DESK.

JULIE does not come to visit VICTORIA’s desk today.

EXT. PARK.

VICTORIA and FELIPPE are sitting at the park bench where they first meet.

FELIPPE

Victoria, I have something I need to tell you.

VICTORIA

What is it? Nothing bad, I hope!

FELIPPE

I’m leaving for Paris on a long photo shoot next month. I’ll be gone for several weeks.

VICTORIA

Oh!

FELIPPE

And that’s not all: you’re coming with me.

VICTORIA

Oh, Felippe!

VICTORIA leans forward and kisses him. After she pulls away, she pauses for a second, then slides the sock puppet off a man’s hand.

PAN to FELIPPE (the human)’s face.

VICTORIA and FELiPPE (the human) share a tender embrace.

FADE OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment